Piano With Jayne
10 of the Best Songs to Learn on Piano for Young Children
Piano is a beautiful instrument, but it can be a bit intimidating for young children who are just starting out. By watching the following videos on YouTube, you can introduce your child to the piano in a fun way and they will be playing simple, recognisable melodies in no time.
These songs are perfect for little hands because they are simple and easy to learn!
1) "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
2) "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
3) "Baa Baa Black Sheep"
4) "Old MacDonald Had A Farm"
5) "If You're Happy And You Know It"
6) "Frère Jacques (Are You Sleeping)"
7) "Row Row Row Your Boat"
8) "Three Blind Mice"
9) "London Bridge Is Falling Down"
10) “Jingle Bells”
These songs are great starting points for young children, particularly if they have never played the piano before.
How to Choose the Best Song for Your Child to Learn on Piano
Choosing the right song for your child to learn on piano is a difficult task. The first thing you should do when choosing a song is to ask your child what they want to learn. Remember that it's their piano and they should have some input in the process.
The second thing you should look at is whether or not they have previous experience with piano lessons. If they don't, then it's best to start off with an easier song like "Mary Had a Little Lamb." But if they are more advanced, then you can choose something more complex like "Flight of the Bumblebee."
The third thing to consider is how long the song is. Choose something that is shorter, will take less time to learn, and will be easy to memorise.
For young children and beginners, it is important to choose a song that is of a moderate tempo and has an easy, memorable melody that they may already be familiar with.
A good example would be Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
The Best Way For Your Child to Practice & Start Playing Piano Today!
The piano is one of the most popular instruments in the world, and a great instrument for kids to learn. Millions of people every day start practicing to be able to play it. Here are some useful tips for children learning to play piano:
1) Practice with a metronome - this can help children learn about timing
2) Make music with friends - your child may enjoy creating music with other children who are learning instruments
3) Memorize your favourite songs - learn them off by heart to perform in front of others!
4) Find an online teacher or coach - Has your child expressed an interest in piano lessons? Piano With Jayne is based in Aberdare, South Wales, but it doesn't matter where you live because lessons take place online over Zoom or FaceTime! I offer online piano lessons for children age 7+.
Why not try a lesson? Get in touch today for more information and to book a lesson with me!